Brittain Resorts & Hotels is a family run company that has been perfecting the family vacation since 1943. We specialize in creating a unique Myrtle Beach vacation experience for our guests and offer a selection of oceanfront resorts that can accommodate any size group and budget. With over 5,300 rooms, suites and condos, 35 onsite restaurants and bars, and over 210 pools and lazy rivers, it takes quite the team to ensure we’re keeping our amenities and resorts in optimal condition for our guests.
Brittain Resorts & Hotels is comprised of a large team of employees that each play a vital role in helping us serve over 2.7 million guests annually. We set the bar high and the amazing experiences we offer wouldn’t be possible without their constant hard work, dedication, and positive attitudes. Each year, we host a one day leadership conference that allows us to provide employees with continued education on our brand, get the latest company wide information, set future goals, and the chance to honor outstanding teammates and resorts.
The name of the 2020 Leadership Conference was Be the Blue: Making Waves for Superior Results. The day started with company updates from J. Matthew Brittain, our CEO, followed by Team Member of the Year Awards and a keynote speaker. The conference then broke out into smaller sessions which focused on Busy-ness Breakthrough Insights, Blue Practices, and Soaring to Blue Heights. One of the featured events was a team building event that involved the entire company.
We’re proud of each and every one of our employees, and recognized the following team members and resorts that had an exceptional year at the conclusion of the conference. The following awards were given out during this year’s 2020 Leadership Conference:
- Starbucks Team of the Year — Caribbean Starbucks
- Housekeeping Team of the Year — Dayton House
- Guest Services Team of the Year — Dayton House
- Maintenance Team of the Year — The Strand
- Property Accounting Team of the Year — Grand Cayman
- Food & Beverage Team of the Year — Compass Cove
- Homeowners Services Team of the Year — The Breakers Resort and North Beach Plantation
- Most Improved Overall Performance — Compass Cove
- Team Leader of the Year — Jason Mattice
- Team Leader of the Year — Brittany Park
- General Manager of the Year — Daniel Locklear
- Resort of the Year — Dayton House
- Team Member of the Year — Patricia Gardner
- Team Member of the Year — Chelsea Tuazon
- Support Services Team of the Year — Team Member Services
We had a wonderful time at this year’s leadership conference and are already looking forward to next year’s event! We take pride in our company and employees and are excited to see what the future holds for Brittain Resorts & Hotels! For more news and updates about Brittain Resorts and Hotels, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram.