WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A WORKPLACE…
We love what we do! As leaders in the area’s hospitality industry, our company is rooted in a strong, caring culture steeped in rich history and respect.
Joining our team means being a part of a flourishing, culturally diverse, and dynamic group of people focused on creating lasting memories. You will find your work rewarding as YOU make a difference to each of our guests. This is a place where friendships blossom and careers soar. As a company, we continue to grow and we hope you’ll grow with us.
The Assistant Director of Housekeeping acts as the initial support person to the Director of Housekeeping by overseeing and ensuring the cleanliness of the property in accordance with the Department of Health, Hotel and Company Standards. Responsible for planning, organizing, and developing the overall operations of the housekeeping department. Follows all policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve all standards of the operation. Ensures the highest degree of quality guest care is maintained at all times, through prompt and courteous service. Responsible for staffing, scheduling, training and developing hourly team members.
Assistant Director of Housekeeping responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the highest levels of cleanliness, sanitation, safety, and conduct are maintained throughout the resort at all times.
- Recruiting, training, coaching, onboarding, and counseling housekeeping team members, following company, state, and federal regulations.
- Managing finances of housekeeping operations, including budget and inventory controls, etc in relation to the budget.
- Expected to plan, organize, and monitor all aspects of the Department while working closely and supporting the Director of Housekeeping.
- Assists with performing reviews of the department, purchasing, reordering, and maintaining supplies/inventory
- Evaluates and reports maintenance issues relating to the condition of furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
- Service metrics responsibility related to areas of control (i.e. – guest service scores and TripAdvisor)
- Delegate duties and projects with consistent follow-up.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Promptly resolves any guest complaints or issues, records, stores, and disposes of all lost and found articles (items left in guestrooms).
- Reports any unsafe work conditions to the Resort Manager or General Manager.
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within the housekeeping department.
- Other duties as assigned by DOH, Resort Manager or GM.
What are we looking for?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3 -5 years experience in housekeeping management or supervisory position.
- Previous experience managing a team of 50+ housekeeping employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals/direction quickly and multitask.
- Working knowledge of room management systems.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and homeowners, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases, IQ Ware).
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication, and attention to detail.
Benefits as discussed during the interview process
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality business, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.