WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A WORKPLACE…
We love what we do! As leaders in the area’s hospitality industry, our company is rooted in a strong, caring culture steeped in rich history and respect.
Joining our team means being a part of a flourishing, culturally diverse, and dynamic group of people focused on creating lasting memories. You will find your work rewarding as YOU make the difference to each of our guests. This is a place where friendships blossom and careers soar. As a company, we continue to grow and we hope you’ll grow with us.
What can you look forward to?
Qualifying team members may enjoy the following benefits:
- Associate Referral Bonus
- Health Plan, Health Savings Account, and Life Insurance benefit
- Dental Plan
- Paid Time Off and Bereavement Leave
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Long Term Care, Critical Illness, and Accident
- Short-Term Disability
- Personal Cancer Protection
- Jury Duty Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Resort Accommodation Discounts
Responsibilities of the Director of Housekeeping include, but are not limited to:
- The Director of Housekeeping is expected to plan, organize, and monitor the work of housekeeping, laundry and housemen team members daily to ensure compliance with our high quality standards, which requires continuous visual inspections of guest rooms and public areas, laundry production and quality.
- Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, sanitation, safety, and conduct.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to team members. Recruits (hires), trains, coaches and counsels housekeeping (including laundry staff and housemen) team members, following company, state, and federal regulations.
- Performs reviews of the Housekeeping Department team. Manages and motivates management team in the administration of their duties.
- Purchase, re-order and maintain linen and housekeeping supplies and inventory.
- Manages finances of housekeeping operations including budget and inventory controls. Controls expenditures, labor, supplies, etc. in relation to resort financial forecasts and budget. Maintains systems and controls to provide adequate supplies for efficient operations of the department.
- Evaluates and reports maintenance issues relating to condition of furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
- Monitors daily Time and Attendance of staff to prevent any mistakes with payroll and to avoid any over-time for the department.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics which inspire team members to exceed standards, and promote team empowerment.
- Service metrics responsibility related to areas of control (i.e. – guest service scores and TripAdvisor)
- Delegate duties and projects with consistent follow up.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Promptly resolves any guest complaints or issues.
- Reports any unsafe work condition to the Resort Manager or General Manager.
- Ensures proper communication within the department by conducting regular meetings with all housekeeping team members. Participates with peer managers in meetings, property goals and initiatives.
- Properly records, stores and disposes of all lost and found articles (items left in guestrooms).
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within the housekeeping department.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience managing a team of housekeeping employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask.
- Working knowledge of rooms management systems.
- Proven experience supervising housekeeping departments of 50+ employees.
- Proven comfort and experience to interact effectively with all levels of management, guests, associates, and homeowners, both inside and outside of the organization.
- Activator/self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases).
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- IQWare knowledge and experience preferred.
Education and Formal Training
- High school diploma or GED required.
- College degree preferred with emphasis in Hospitality
- 5 years in a supervisory or management position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality business, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.